What is a Cookie
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once the file is added the cookie helps us to analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Our cookies aren’t used to identify you personally they’re just here to make the site work better for you. You can choose to accept or decline cookies.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website experience, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
- Make sure our website works as you’d expect
- Remember settings, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you visit a new page
- Improve the speed and security of the site
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Measuring how you use the website so we can make sure it meets your needs
Types of Cookies Used:
Social Media Website Cookies
To Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook, Twitter and other social websites who need to know who you are to for this function to work properly.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs.We anonymously measure your use of this website to improve your experience.
Third Party Vendors
We place Google AdSense adverts on some of our pages that our users may find of benefit. (read more) about How Google uses data when you use their partners’ sites
- Google’s use of advertising cookies enables it and its partners to serve ads to our users based on their visit to our site and/or other sites on the Internet.
- Users may opt out of personalised advertising by visiting Ads Settings